Tumblr Being Acquired by Yahoo!?
The news just hit the WSJ, which displays one simple banner: the Yahoo! board has approved the purchase - in cash - of Tumblr for $1.1B. I’m sure we will know more tomorrow during the press conference of Marissa Mayer, but for now:
- in your face, Facebook!
- Marissa Mayer seems to be completely turning around the company, which was sorely needed
- for a billion, I’d rather purchase Tumblr than Instagram
- what did Yahoo! acquire for $1.1B? All our blogs? The audience?
- I took some steps a while ago to backup this blog to DropBox… and have been holding on for the migration. The main reason is the ease of posting to Tumblr, and I’ve never had the time to put in for an alternate solution. Guess I’m going to have to deal with this now… unless Yahoo! delivers and does not change the service. Nor inserts ads everywhere.
- I still can’t stand Wordpress. Tried that again this weekend, I’ll never get down to it.
- Wondering if the new management at Yahoo! will avoid the past mistakes that led to abandoning some of their purchases… time will tell.
- Seriously considering putting the hours in to get my blog on app.net. After all, I’m a paying customer there, the terms are clear, the content is mine and mine only. For those wondering, #adn is not only a micro-blogging site, it’s a full platform with a very nice API. Food for thoughts at the moment.